Our priority is first and foremost the health and safety of our staff, members, and guests so in accordance with the Health Protection Act, have a few new procedures and policies for the upcoming season. These policies are subject to change as COVID-19 is ever evolving but we will be sure to update this page as more information becomes available or if these policies are relaxed or become more restrictive. We are hopeful that the following precautions that we have put in place will allow us to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
At this time, Andersons Creek is implementing the following strategies to help prevent any possible spread of the virus:
- Please allow for physical distancing at check in.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles. Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Removing self-service food and beverage stations. Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
- Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
- Limiting non-essential vendor and supplier visits.
- Encouraging nods or waves instead of handshakes.
- Enforcing physical distancing. Stay a minimum of 2 meters/6ft apart at all times.
The following is a list of protocols we are asking all of our members and guests to abide by. Failure to follow these protocols will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. It is with the hope that if everyone is socially responsible golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
- Tee times will only be made online or over the phone.
- Where possible please pay online, debit and credit transactions. Limit cash usage both at the Pro Shop and in Food & Beverage.
- Pace of play will be monitored to avoid congestion on the course.
- Groups will consist of no more than 4 people. Physical distancing must be observed at all times, with a minimum of two metres between players.
- The Pro Shop is open for retail sales. There is a limited number of people allowed in the Pro Shop at a time.
- Club storage is not permitted.
- Food and beverage carts are permitted to operate however must follow physical distancing requirement of 2 meters between staff and players.
- Course furniture; benches, ball washers, shoe scrapers, rakes, club cleaners, sand dispensers, and first tee scorecard/pencil holders will be removed where possible or made inaccessible.
- Consumables such as scorecards and pencils will be made available to each group as they arrive at the tee.
- Devices or systems must be in place that allows removal of the ball from the hole without the player touching the pin.
- If golf cart and pull cart rentals are permitted, they must be cleaned and sanitized between uses.
- Walking is encouraged to reduce the use of shared equipment.
- All staff will be trained to observe COVID-19 safety protocols and trained to recognize symptoms of COVID-19.
- Signage will be placed in parking lots and on course encouraging physical distancing and COVID-19 safety practices.
- Staff will ask any player/guest to leave the property if they witness any of the safety protocols being ignored.
- When booking tee times, players will be made aware of the measures the course has taken to make it safe to play. If they book online they will receive information by email, if they call an operator will inform them.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- A detailed sanitation plan requiring frequent cleaning and sanitizing of clubhouse and on-course washroom facilities must be in place, with only one individual permitted entry at a time.
- Staff will be provided access to protective equipment which may include gloves, non-medical masks (when required), and cleaning supplies.
- All rental equipment will be sanitized following each use.
- Equipment (computers, mowers, etc.) should be assigned to one user as much as possible to avoid shared use and the continuous need to clean and sanitize between uses. Where equipment is shared, or reassigned to a new user, it must first be cleaned and sanitized.